I have an amazing story of God's love for me personally this morning. Some of this might seem like coincidence, but how much coincidence does it take to not be coincidence?
Highlights: couldn't sleep, headache at 4:30 am. Tried Advil and listening to music. No sleep. Felt a quiet and gentle nudge inside me to go for a walk. Decided to go. This was the right thing because God had set up a show for me, a multimedia expression of love and communication. Starting from the moment I stepped outside, in the 90 minutes I was out walking:
1. Stars were bright, Orion was out.
2. Moon was mostly covered, just a tiny bright edge remained. Eclipse!
3. I glanced up at moon, saw three distinct small clouds that looked like I (heart) U. Not kidding.
4. Saw a small smooth flat cloud underline Orion (Orion always reminds me of God).
5. Heard but could not see a wild goose flying overhead. Wild geese are considered a symbol of the Holy Spirit in some cultures.
6. Saw a falling star beside the moon
7. Saw a second falling star on the other side
8. Wondered if I should just enjoy this or try to remember everything and share it
9. Turned on my Ipod to listen to a podcast of some bible reading. I had not listening to this ipod for a few months. It turned out to be from the gospel of Matthew, and within 30 seconds, the verse came up where Jesus says "What you hear in the dark, proclaim in the light, and what you hear in the ear, shout it from the rooftop."
10. Turned a corner to face the brightening east sky, and saw 3 hydro poles with single crossbars. They looked like 3 crosses silhouetted on the sky.
11. Got home and woke three of my kids to show them the remaining eclipse and tell them the story (on our rooftop!)
Wow! God loves me.
This website shows some awesome visuals of our solar system.