Friday, August 17, 2012

I can't believe I ate the whole thing!

I mean built the whole thing.


Tristan hasn't seen it yet.  I hunkered in the garage after his bedtime and started working.  Things fell into place, and step by step I did it. 
That is the custom-shortened (by hacksaw) 150 mm crankset I made for his last bike from my 1995 Norco Tango crank.  You wouldn't believe (unless you're trying to source kids race bikes) the challenge in trying to find good quality cranks of appropriate length for kids.  The der you see is just a chainguide.   Also my Time pedals, circa 2000?
Right brake: used Juicy 3.  Left side: no name lever attached to a fancy vee brake via YELLOW cable.  Old SRAM twist shift, the kind that controls Shimano ders. 
Did I mention the bling factor?  XTR vee braking, controlling a classic RM-17 rim.  That is a lightweight and old Roll-X from my personal collection.
Cool top cap.  You can see the vintage SID with two air pressure valves at the top.  Haven't figured that out yet. 
I thank God for his work in all this.  It's been such a process of wondering and figuring, hoping to get the right pieces and right prices.  I prayed and left it in his hands, doing the research and work the best I could.  I got the main parts bike and the frame for great prices on the net, and had almost all I needed at home to fill in the blanks.  Does God care about little things like this?  I think so. 

2 comments:

  1. I didn't think you had a back wheel for it! Can't wait to see him on this. But weren't you to be watching and feeding the kids while I'm out on my holiday?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I borrowed my back wheel from the Anthem. I watched and fed kids all day, believe you me!

    ReplyDelete