Friday, January 3, 2014

Quinzee... and Foreshadowing

Oops.  Must have been a boy in that shovelful!



Addendum:
I didn't realize that the photo above would tell a larger story than the silly joke I captioned. 
Well an hour later we started hollowing out the quinzee.  We made two entrances and before long, the two boys were in there shovelling.   I was closing off the second door when suddenly snow poofed into my face from the cave and I heard a little yell.  I looked up to see that the quinzee had cracked and collapsed.  I ran around to the other side and could see the jacket of one of the boys (green) and pulled that guy out, then started pushing through the powdery snow to find the other one next to him.  I had to dig a bit but he was out in a jiffy and we all stepped away from the fallen structure.   The boys were both crying and had got a good scare.

New snow cave rules:
1.  Adult must be present.
2.  Let the snow set a bit longer than an hour.
3.  Dig upward first, no thick ceilings allowed.
4.  Only one door - stronger foundation.
5.  Keep praying and have fun!

Thanks God for keeping them safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment