Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Birch (or Peril Sensitive Sunglasses)


At Birch, my peril sensitive sunglasses were acting up. With the humidity, flying sweat, the greasy switchbacks, the falling, and the distant thunder, they shut my vision out almost completely. I ditched them after a lap of slimy fun.

A highlight of my race was listening to James B riding away from me singing about Alice in Wonderland at the top of his lungs. I had said "If you can sing while climbing this hill, you should be riding faster." Shouldn't have said that.

My race wasn't much to write home about, but this rider got a lot of attention.

Perhaps cyclocross in fall?
M was more interested in other lifeforms.




After a big day in the spotlight, everyone was tired. Paulos gets honorary trailhero status for this: when we got home, he stirred in his carseat, nearly opened his eyes, and said "bike helmet." In other words, get me back in the saddle!

No comments:

Post a Comment