Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Tread the Thunder!

We had a fantastic time at Swan River. Kudos to honorary trailhero Randy Shenk, who has spent so much time creating and grooming the fabulous xc trails.

Cool at the start line.
First place finisher U11 girls.
The race was fun. I placed 2nd, my best in 10 years of racing. I had to pull my chain out of my spokes 3 times.

I have to specially thank Jaydi, who held the gatorade for me. My bottle was still half full, so I didn't even grab it (note of parental regret).
We camped on the premises. It was so peaceful and beautiful!
Canola everywhere. And fair flowers in the midst of it!
The fairest of the fair... on her bike! Note the imported jersey, from her European cycling team days.

After the race, we found a piece of someone's chain on the final ascent. Could it be beefed up secret hardware from a hardcore singlespeeder? Or did all of our equipment feel this heavy on that hill? I know mine did.

On the Yellowhead west of Neepawa somewhere, I spotted an unusual sight in a canola field.


Going 6 hours northwest with the family and camping on the beautiful Thunder Hill was more than just going to a race. This was an experience, an encounter, and a blessing. Thank the Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment